East Hills Families,
We hope everyone is healthy and finding ways to stay active during this difficult time. We wanted to provide a few updates regarding the 2020 season.
As previously stated, we have been directed by Little League International to follow our state, county, and city guidelines as they relate to youth sports activities. At this time, our season is still suspended. The restrictions from holding team events including parties, practice, and games still remain in place.
We have had a few incidents reported of teams not following these guidelines. We ask again that you please respect the rules in place. Whether we agree or disagree with the restrictions, the bottom line is no single group or team is more important than our league as a whole. The city has already taken significant measures to prevent teams from using our allocated fields. If you have not noticed, they have locked up all the dugouts. If people continue to show up in groups to our fields, they will fence off our fields completely and our kids will no longer have access to practice with their individual families. We do not want to lose individual access to our fields in the immediate or distant future.
We understand other sports leagues are “vulturing” our fields. We are in constant communication with the city regarding this and we are making sure these teams don’t impact our field allocation.
As of now, we are still not cleared to return to play. However little hope there seems to be, we have made the decision as a board to ride this thing out as long as we possibly can before we officially cancel the season. You may have heard the majority of leagues around us have canceled their seasons. While we certainly understand that call, we feel we owe it to our kids to push this out as long as we can, even if it’s just for 6 weeks of games. These kids love baseball, these kids need baseball (us parents do too). We have full field access through July 31st, then it becomes more limited. We will continue to evaluate and provide an update the first week of June. Please know the longer this goes, the less likely we are to return to play. However, we simply do not see the downside of waiting as long as we can to make a final decision about the remainder of the season.
We will roll over the snack shack buyout payments to next season if desired. For those that “bought out”, please fill out this quick form to indicate whether you’d like to donate the payment to our league or roll it over to next season:
If your team parents collected team fees, it is expected that the funds are either put back into the team, or returned to the parents. It will be up to each team to determine how this is done.
We are still hoping to hold this event in the near future. We have already issued out all the prizes to the winners of the individual fundraising goals. This is a great event and we are holding out hope we can still safely hold it once things begin to open up in our county and state. It would be a fun “Welcome Back!” event.
In the event the season is canceled, parents will be offered partial registration fee refunds. We are in the process of finalizing our refund policy for this unprecedented situation. If we do end up canceling the season, we will immediately send out refund options along with the notice of cancellation.
We want to THANK YOU for your patience and understanding. This is a difficult time for everyone involved. We are doing our best to navigate this situation. Please know we are carefully evaluating each and every decision we make as a board to take into account not only the impact this has had on our individual families, but also taking into account the long term sustainability of our wonderful league.
We will be back playing baseball soon and when we do, it will be amazing! Looking forward to great things when the time comes.
For future reference: The field statuses below will be updated by 3:15 on rain days and days following a rain day. Any per location status differences (if any) will be noted below each location.