The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted all of us in different ways. As the days have gone by this spring, we have watched our season be put on hold, games canceled and league events and potential memories drift on by. More recently we have seen other local baseball leagues and the majority of leagues within our own District 56 officially cancel Spring baseball. We have held out hope as long as we possibly could, in order to give our kids and families the chance to get back on the field. It has become clear that will not happen in the traditional baseball format. We have come up with several different ideas and plans to present to the city, with the hopes of being able to return. Until recently, those plans were not approved as the county had strict guidelines in place. I assure you, we tried everything. We appreciate your support and patience during this time, we truly did our best to get traditional baseball back.
We are excited to announce we have been approved to offer a safe and casual baseball “Over The Line” summer camp program. This program will be offered FREE of charge. We know this will not be traditional baseball with 9 players on the field, but we do believe it will provide a safe and positive activity for our kids to enjoy for those who are ready to do so. We have consulted with the City of Yorba Linda, Little League International, District 56 and other local leagues (Golden Hill LL) in order to get this approved. Due to COVID-19 protocol, we are only able to offer this program to players in Single A-Juniors. We assure you we have many safety measures in place to be able to successfully run this program for those old enough to comply with what is in place.
A couple of notes about “Over The Line”:
- The games will last between 60-90 minutes
- No practices
- 2-3 games per week through at least the end of July (maybe into August)
- 4 players per team with only 1 coach (This falls within city guidelines)
- Managers and coaches already approved for the spring season will be given first priority to receive a team. Anyone who did not coach or manage in the spring is eligible to coach a team, however, they must complete the required background check.
- Because of various factors, we are NOT accepting registration on an individual basis. Registration is ONLY open on a team basis (4 players). If you are interested in playing, we encourage you to assemble a team of 4 players & serve as the parent facilitator (i.e : manager) and then register your team. If you are interested in playing but don't have a team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be added to a list should a manager be seeking a player. However, we encourage you to assemble a team with your child's friends, schoolmates, or old teammates to assure placement.
- Once you have a team formed, the manager needs to fill out the link below.
Information regarding specifics about the EHYLLL Over the Line Summer Camp can be found using the link below. Please read ALL information included on this page including the COVID-19 OTL Best Practices and the "Acknowledgment of Risk" statement.
Please visit our Spring 2020 page for updates on refunds, team fees, sponsorships, etc.
For future reference: The field statuses below will be updated by 3:15 on rain days and days following a rain day. Any per location status differences (if any) will be noted below each location.